Customer Service Associate
WHO ARE YOU?
You enjoy facing new challenges and solving customer problems in real time. You have experience working with all types of people and know which issues to handle and which to escalate. You are compassionate, professional, and able to work with very little oversight. You are not afraid to constructively call out when things are not working right. You accept change and moving deadlines with ease. Most of all, you are passionate about helping underserved Americans living paycheck to paycheck. We’re looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to navigate a blend Sourcer and Community Success Role. We need someone who is polite, efficient, a quick decision maker, and is able to calmly solve problems and escalate when necessary. Our workers come from all walks of life so compassion, common sense, and a professional demeanor are crucial to this role. You will be sourcing potential Moonrisers and supporting current Moonrisers, so you will be a part of the entire pipeline.
You are passionate about helping underserved Americans that are living paycheck to paycheck. You are not afraid to constructively call out when things are not working right. You push back in an effective way that does not limit the team's creativity and also offer elegant ways to solve the problem at hand. You understand the trade-offs between moving fast and resilience and know when to lean more heavily towards one or the other. You enjoy working in a very ambiguous environment. You accept change and moving deadlines with ease and are okay jumping hurdles. Most of all, you love to help others!
WHO ARE WE?
Moonrise is a digital platform that matches financially challenged individuals in need of extra income with reputable companies in need of reliable workers to fill shifts. We are a social impact startup fully owned and supported by American Family Insurance. We were built with an ambitious goal: to innovate in a way that would help working families—many of them existing customers of The General, part of the American Family enterprise—that need a financial cushion in case of the unexpected. We traveled the country listening to financially vulnerable Americans and believe we can solve their deepest pain point – easy access to supplementary income.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work hours: Weekend availability, especially Saturday and Sunday evenings (6pm-12am. Central Time) required. Additionally flexible weekday hours as desired. This position has set work hours in order to support our busiest times of the day.
- Interfacing and communicating with other teams (Engineering, Sales, etc) to ensure quality of service as well as provide insight into the needs of the Moonrisers, Clients, and the Customer Success team.
- Logging into the platform and monitoring shifts and Moonriser attendance.
- Using the platform to interview potential Moonrisers.
- Working with the recruiting team to build a recruitment strategy.
- Communicating with shift managers and Moonrisers via text or phone to solve problems related to shift arrival.
- Navigating to shift pages and user profiles to contact workers and clients if there is a late cancellation or issue, and backfilling the job if requested.
- Handling all concerns or questions applicants, workers or clients may have.
- Sending out disciplinary messages and recording issues.
- Addressing legal and personal information with compassion, respect, confidentiality, and discretion.
- Syncing with team members to create a quarterly road map of priorities.
- You must also be comfortable speaking with people via phone.
- At least one year of customer service or recruiting/sourcing experience
- Excellent judgment- you will be approving candidates as well as handling situations as they arise with little oversight.
- Prior experience at a startup or working within the gig economy
- Experience with Slack, Google Suite, and CRM platforms
- Demonstrated ability to learn and improve new technology. You won’t be handed a Zendesk account, rather we are looking for someone who can navigate our platform and help improve it insignificant ways while staying true to the mission.
- Excellent communication skills, extremely organized, and attentive to detail
- Experience with cross team communications, including working with the software team to develop tools and fix problems
- Ability to type quickly with proper grammar and sentence structure
Cool Work Perks
Flexible schedule and remote work options. Unlimited Vacation Policy.
Quality Health Care
Excellent Medical and Dental Benefits.
Incentives for achieving company goals
Casual office culture. Dog friendly. Regular team outings and happy hours.