WHO ARE YOU?
WHO ARE WE?
Moonrise is a digital platform that matches financially challenged individuals in need of extra income with reputable companies in need of reliable workers to fill shifts. We are a social impact startup fully owned and supported by American Family Insurance. We were built with an ambitious goal: to innovate in a way that would help working families—many of them existing customers of The General, part of the American Family enterprise—that need a financial cushion in case of the unexpected. We traveled the country listening to financially vulnerable Americans and believe we can solve their deepest pain point – easy access to supplementary income.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Design and implement scalable storage architectures using scalable cloud storage solutions (Amazon Aurora/MySQL)
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Design and implement database resilience and recoverability in our existing AWS infrastructure
- Implement data build tooling and processes for the Engineering team
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, and Operations teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs
- Experience building and optimizing “big data” pipelines and architectures
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement
- Extensive experience with AWS cloud services, including EC2, RDS, and RedShift
- Experience implementing and maintaining robust database infrastructure
- Understanding of unix command line tools
Cool Work Perks
Flexible schedule and remote work options. Unlimited Vacation Policy.
Quality Health Care
Excellent Medical and Dental Benefits.
Incentives for achieving company goals
Casual office culture. Dog friendly. Regular team outings and happy hours.