WHO ARE YOU?
Moonrise is seeking a Data Engineer. In this role, you will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data pipeline architecture and database infrastructure. You are a self-driven engineer who is sensitive to the business’ data needs and are excited about the prospect of optimizing our current architecture as well as researching and implementing new data systems and pipelines to support our continued growth.
You are passionate about helping underserved Americans that are living paycheck to paycheck. You are not afraid to constructively call out when things are not working right. You push back in an effective way that does not limit the team's creativity and also offer elegant ways to solve the problem at hand. You understand the trade-offs between moving fast and resilience and know when to lean more heavily towards one or the other. You enjoy working in a very ambiguous environment. You accept change and moving deadlines with ease and are okay jumping hurdles. Most of all, you love to help others!
WHO ARE WE?
Moonrise is a digital platform that matches financially challenged individuals in need of extra income with reputable companies in need of reliable workers to fill shifts. We are a social impact startup fully owned and supported by American Family Insurance. We were built with an ambitious goal: to innovate in a way that would help working families—many of them existing customers of The General, part of the American Family enterprise—that need a financial cushion in case of the unexpected. We traveled the country listening to financially vulnerable Americans and believe we can solve their deepest pain point – easy access to supplementary income.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Design and implement scalable storage architectures using scalable cloud storage solutions (Amazon Aurora/MySQL)
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Design and implement database resilience and recoverability in our existing AWS infrastructure
- Implement data build tooling and processes for the Engineering team
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, and Operations teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs
Minimum 5+ year prior experience in a data engineering role, including:
- Experience building and optimizing “big data” pipelines and architectures
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement
- Extensive experience with AWS cloud services, including EC2, RDS, and RedShift
- Experience implementing and maintaining robust database infrastructure
- Understanding of unix command line tools
Cool Work Perks
Flexible schedule and remote work options. Unlimited Vacation Policy.
Quality Health Care
Excellent Medical and Dental Benefits.
Incentives for achieving company goals
Casual office culture. Dog friendly. Regular team outings and happy hours.