WHO ARE YOU?
Moonrise is seeking to add a DevOps Engineer to our fully distributed Engineering team. In this role, you will support the development, build and deployment process across multiple platforms and services. You will work directly with the rest of the development team to improve the developer experience through automation and pipeline development. You are a self-driven engineer that is comfortable quickly upskilling to learn unfamiliar tools and technologies. You have a passion for identifying pain points in the development process and working directly with other engineers to find the best solution. You understand the benefits of cross-functional teams and work to eliminate silos of knowledge when you find them.
You are passionate about helping underserved Americans that are living paycheck to paycheck. You are not afraid to constructively call out when things are not working right. You push back in an effective way that does not limit the team's creativity and also offer elegant ways to solve the problem at hand. You enjoy working in a very ambiguous environment. You accept change and moving deadlines with ease and are okay jumping hurdles. Most of all, you love to help others!
WHO ARE WE?
Moonrise is a digital platform that matches financially challenged individuals in need of extra income with reputable companies in need of reliable workers to fill shifts. We are a social impact startup fully owned and supported by American Family Insurance. We were built with an ambitious goal: to innovate in a way that would help working families—many of them existing customers of The General, part of the American Family enterprise—that need a financial cushion in case of the unexpected. We traveled the country listening to financially vulnerable Americans and believe we can solve their deepest pain point – easy access to supplementary income.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
You will have multiple responsibilities at our fast-paced, growing company, including:
- Use infrastructure as code solutions to configure and maintain multiple application environments across various languages (PHP/Apache, NodeJS, Python) in AWS, running on many different resources such as EC2, RDS, API Gateway, Lambda, etc.
- Work directly with software engineers to create local development environments that replicate higher environments as closely as possible, while also affording for quick and efficient set up of local development machines
- Suggest and make improvements to existing and new CI/CD pipelines to ensure delivery to production as quickly as possible
- Create and maintain integrations between various tools used in software delivery (Clubhouse, Slack, GitHub, etc.)
- Configure and maintain production alerts and systems monitoring
- Understand and implement security precautions in Cloud Infrastructure, including secrets management
- Collaborate with stakeholders ensuring your architected solutions meet their business requirements
Prior experience in a DevOps Engineering or similar role, utilizing skills such as:
- Configuring and/or maintaining CI/CD pipelines, including managing automated test suite infrastructure
- Container orchestration experience (preferably Docker)
- Experience writing infrastructure as code solutions (preferably CloudFormation) for automated infrastructure management
- Understanding of infrastructure security best practices
- Understanding of unix command line tools
- A track record of being able to ship completed features, both independently and as part of a small team
Cool Work Perks
Flexible schedule and remote work options. Unlimited Vacation Policy.
Quality Health Care
Excellent Medical and Dental Benefits.
Incentives for achieving company goals
Casual office culture. Dog friendly. Regular team outings and happy hours.