Full Stack Engineer
WHO ARE YOU?
You are passionate about helping underserved Americans that are living paycheck to paycheck. You are not afraid to constructively call out when things are not working right. You push back in an effective way that does not limit the team's creativity and also offer elegant ways to solve the problem at hand. You understand the trade-offs between moving fast and resilience and know when to lean more heavily towards one or the other. You enjoy working in a very ambiguous environment. You accept change and moving deadlines with ease and are okay jumping hurdles. Most of all, you love to help others!
WHO ARE WE?
Moonrise is a digital platform that matches financially challenged individuals in need of extra income with reputable companies in need of reliable workers to fill shifts. We are a social impact startup fully owned and supported by American Family Insurance. We were built with an ambitious goal: to innovate in a way that would help working families—many of them existing customers of The General, part of the American Family enterprise—that need a financial cushion in case of the unexpected. We traveled the country listening to financially vulnerable Americans and believe we can solve their deepest pain point – easy access to supplementary income.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Drive new, end-to-end, functionality within our core products and its dependencies
- Coordinate with designers, developing functional products from their ideas
- Write high performance code designed to scale
- Collaborate with stakeholders ensuring your architected solutions meet their business requirements
- Mentor other engineers and conduct code reviews
- Strong understanding of modern CSS features and tooling (SASS)
- Considerable experience with a server-side language, preferably PHP or Node
- Some experience with basic database design and data modeling
- Working knowledge of git for version control and collaboration
- Understanding of unix command line tools
- A track record of being able to ship completed features, both independently and as part of a small team
Cool Work Perks
Flexible schedule and remote work options. Unlimited Vacation Policy.
Quality Health Care
Excellent Medical and Dental Benefits.
Incentives for achieving company goals
Casual office culture. Dog friendly. Regular team outings and happy hours.