Full Stack Engineer
WHO ARE YOU?
You are passionate about helping underserved Americans that are living paycheck to paycheck. You are not afraid to constructively call out when things are not working right. You push back in an effective way that does not limit the team's creativity and also offer elegant ways to solve the problem at hand. You enjoy working in a very ambiguous environment. You accept change and moving deadlines with ease and are okay jumping hurdles. Most of all, you love to help others!
WHO ARE WE?
Moonrise is a digital platform that matches financially challenged individuals in need of extra income with reputable companies in need of reliable workers to fill shifts. We are a social impact startup fully owned and supported by American Family Insurance. We were built with an ambitious goal: to innovate in a way that would help working families—many of them existing customers of The General, part of the American Family enterprise—that need a financial cushion in case of the unexpected. We traveled the country listening to financially vulnerable Americans and believe we can solve their deepest pain point – easy access to supplementary income.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Design, develop, and maintain a robust, testable, performant API to power product front-ends (web, mobile, and SMS-driven interfaces)
- Drive new end-to-end functionality within our core products and their dependencies
- Write high performance code designed to scale
- Collaborate with stakeholders ensuring your architected solutions meet their business requirements
- Collaborate with other engineers on the team and conduct code reviews
- Minimum 2+ years’ prior experience in full stack web development
- Developing back-end solutions and API servers in at least one server-side language (PHP or NodeJS preferred)
- Strong understanding of SQL and creating performant queries
- Intermediate knowledge of database design & administration, including database normalization and indexing
- Working knowledge of git for version control and collaboration
- Understanding of unix command line tools
- A track record of being able to ship completed features, both independently and as part of a small team
Cool Work Perks
Flexible schedule and remote work options. Unlimited Vacation Policy.
Quality Health Care
Excellent Medical and Dental Benefits.
Incentives for achieving company goals
Casual office culture. Dog friendly. Regular team outings and happy hours.