Junior Full Stack Engineer
WHO ARE YOU?
WHO ARE WE?
Moonrise is a digital platform that matches financially challenged individuals in need of extra income with reputable companies in need of reliable workers to fill shifts. We are a social impact startup fully owned and supported by American Family Insurance. We were built with an ambitious goal: to innovate in a way that would help working families—many of them existing customers of The General, part of the American Family enterprise—that need a financial cushion in case of the unexpected. We traveled the country listening to financially vulnerable Americans and believe we can solve their deepest pain point – easy access to supplementary income.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Collaborate with Product Managers to identify and properly scope new features, bug fixes, and maintenance tasks
- Collaborate with other Engineers on architecture and technical implementation of tasks
- Write code for our core product and microservice-driven automation layer
- Participate in core Engineering processes like daily stand-ups, code reviews, mentorship one-on-ones, and team retrospectives
- Developing server-rendered web applications (PHP, Python, Node)
- Performing basic CRUD (create, read, update, delete) operations on a database using SQL
- Working knowledge of git for version control and collaboration
- Understanding of unix command line tools
Cool Work Perks
Flexible schedule and remote work options. Unlimited Vacation Policy.
Quality Health Care
Excellent Medical and Dental Benefits.
Incentives for achieving company goals
Casual office culture. Dog friendly. Regular team outings and happy hours.