Junior Full Stack Engineer
WHO ARE YOU?
You are passionate about helping underserved Americans that are living paycheck to paycheck. You are not afraid to constructively call out when things are not working right. You push back in an effective way that does not limit the team's creativity and also offer elegant ways to solve the problem at hand. You understand the trade-offs between moving fast and resilience and know when to lean more heavily towards one or the other. You enjoy working in a very ambiguous environment. You accept change and moving deadlines with ease and are okay jumping hurdles. Most of all, you love to help others!
WHO ARE WE?
Moonrise is a digital platform that matches financially challenged individuals in need of extra income with reputable companies in need of reliable workers to fill shifts. We are a social impact startup fully owned and supported by American Family Insurance. We were built with an ambitious goal: to innovate in a way that would help working families—many of them existing customers of The General, part of the American Family enterprise—that need a financial cushion in case of the unexpected. We traveled the country listening to financially vulnerable Americans and believe we can solve their deepest pain point – easy access to supplementary income.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Collaborate with Product Managers to identify and properly scope new features, bug fixes, and maintenance tasks
- Collaborate with other Engineers on architecture and technical implementation of tasks
- Write code for our core product and microservice-driven automation layer
- Participate in core Engineering processes like daily stand-ups, code reviews, mentorship one-on-ones, and team retrospectives
No more than 2-3 years prior experience in full stack web development, including:
- Developing server-rendered web applications (PHP, Python, Node)
- Performing basic CRUD (create, read, update, delete) operations on a database using SQL
- Working knowledge of git for version control and collaboration
- Understanding of unix command line tools
Cool Work Perks
Flexible schedule and remote work options. Unlimited Vacation Policy.
Quality Health Care
Excellent Medical and Dental Benefits.
Incentives for achieving company goals
Casual office culture. Dog friendly. Regular team outings and happy hours.