WHO ARE YOU?
Moonrise is seeking a seasoned Product Manager to lead a newly formed product team. While we have an existing product, thousands of active users and robust user research, and we want you to take it to the next level. Your insights and decisions will help our team hone in on our target users, then enhance user engagement and expand market reach. You are motivated by creating sticky, usable, elegant products that provide a high-demand service to users. You love wearing ‘all the hats’ (data analyst, business analyst, QA, project manager) and you know when to put each one on in a given day. You believe in using customer data and user-focused research to identify feature opportunities and ideate solutions to problems rather than relying on popular opinion. You love trying out new ideas and know how to behave when they fail or succeed. Most importantly, you know that you don’t have all the answers and need to work and communicate with engineering, marketing, operations and others to get stuff done.
You are passionate about helping underserved Americans that are living paycheck to paycheck. You are not afraid to constructively call out when things are not working right. You push back in an effective way that does not limit the team's creativity and also offer elegant ways to solve the problem at hand. You understand the trade-offs between moving fast and resilience and know when to lean more heavily towards one or the other. You enjoy working in a very ambiguous environment. You accept change and moving deadlines with ease and are okay jumping hurdles. Most of all, you love to help others!
WHO ARE WE?
Moonrise is a digital platform that matches financially challenged individuals in need of extra income with reputable companies in need of reliable workers to fill shifts. We are a social impact startup fully owned and supported by American Family Insurance. We were built with an ambitious goal: to innovate in a way that would help working families—many of them existing customers of The General, part of the American Family enterprise—that need a financial cushion in case of the unexpected. We traveled the country listening to financially vulnerable Americans and believe we can solve their deepest pain point – easy access to supplementary income.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
You’ll be leading a newly-formed team focused on one of our existing products, and you’ll interact with engineering, operations, and other teams in order to ideate and execute product enhancements and growth. Responsibilities include:
- Work with users, designers, engineers, and other SMEs to identify and build product features/vision
- Create and maintain roadmaps, ensure alignment to company strategy
- Document functional requirements, create/manage user stories & backlogs
- Manage and guide engineering team; QA your product; communicate releases
- Utilize qualitative and quantitative data to uncover opportunities and drive decisions
- Delightfully solve ambiguous, messy problems
- Marshal resources and priorities to provide greatest impact to your product
- At least 2-5 years product management experience
- Familiarity with Google Apps (specifically Google Docs, Sheets, and Slides), Slack, project management/product roadmapping tools
- Able to kill ideas as quickly as you come up with them
- Openness to failure (as long as you learn from it)
- Experience delivering new product/features to market; as well as improving existing products
- Familiarity with agile methodologies, design thinking, user research, A/B testing, etc.
- Capable of handling multiple activities and projects at one time
- Start-up experience preferred
Cool Work Perks
Flexible schedule and remote work options. Unlimited Vacation Policy.
Quality Health Care
Excellent Medical and Dental Benefits.
Incentives for achieving company goals
Casual office culture. Dog friendly. Regular team outings and happy hours.