Full Stack Engineer (QA & Release)
WHO ARE YOU?
Moonrise is seeking a Full Stack Engineer (QA & Release). In this role, you will be responsible for developing and implementing a full suite of tests, along with testing frameworks, and debugging and helping define better processes to ensure software quality. You are a self-driven engineer with a strong understanding of full stack monolithic web applications and microservices. You are excited about the opportunity to automate complex tasks and implement continuous integration and deployment processes. You either already have experience as a QA/Release Engineer with a solid understanding of coding best practices and back-end testing or you are a Full Stack Engineer that is so driven by quality that the opportunity to drive forward a QA discipline in a new startup excites you.
You are passionate about helping underserved Americans that are living paycheck to paycheck. You are not afraid to constructively call out when things are not working right. You push back in an effective way that does not limit the team's creativity and also offer elegant ways to solve the problem at hand. You understand the trade-offs between moving fast and resilience and know when to lean more heavily towards one or the other. You enjoy working in a very ambiguous environment. You accept change and moving deadlines with ease and are okay jumping hurdles. Most of all, you love to help others!
WHO ARE WE?
Moonrise is a digital platform that matches financially challenged individuals in need of extra income with reputable companies in need of reliable workers to fill shifts. We are a social impact startup fully owned and supported by American Family Insurance. We were built with an ambitious goal: to innovate in a way that would help working families—many of them existing customers of The General, part of the American Family enterprise—that need a financial cushion in case of the unexpected. We traveled the country listening to financially vulnerable Americans and believe we can solve their deepest pain point – easy access to supplementary income.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Design, develop, and execute exploratory and automated test suites using open source tools
- Prepare and execute regular deployments to production and testing servers
- Design and implement a continuous integration and deployment pipeline and process
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to ensure components meet acceptable quality criteria and standards
Minimum 2+ year prior experience in an engineering role, including:
- Intermediate knowledge of database design & administration, including database normalization and indexing
- Firm background with AWS cloud services, including EC2 and RDS, and experience with CI/CD tooling such as Jenkins, CircleCI, etc.
- Demonstrable knowledge around rolling out a continuous integration and deployment strategy
- Understanding of unix command line tools
Cool Work Perks
Flexible schedule and remote work options. Unlimited Vacation Policy.
Quality Health Care
Excellent Medical and Dental Benefits.
Incentives for achieving company goals
Casual office culture. Dog friendly. Regular team outings and happy hours.