Terms of Service
Privacy and your Personal Information
5. The Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA") requires that online service providers obtain parental consent before they knowingly collect personally identifiable information online from children who are under 13. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personally identifiable information from children under 13; if you are a child under 13, please do not attempt to register for the Services or send any personal information about yourself to us. If we learn we have collected personal information from a child under 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under 13 may have provided us personal information, please contact us at email@example.com.
6. Moonrisers sign up for the Service through filling out an online sign up form located at moonrisework.com. If the information a Moonriser submits in the sign up process is determined by Moonrise to meet Moonrise's requirements, Moonrise will attempt to contact the Moonriser to set up a phone interview, which may ultimately lead to employment by Moonrise.
7. If there is a dispute between a Moonriser and a Client, or between a Moonriser and Moonrise, the Moonriser should contact Moonrise at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use of the Service
8. Your right to access and use the Service is personal to you and is not transferable by you to any other person or entity. You are only entitled to access and use our Service for lawful purposes.
9. Your access and use of the Service may be interrupted from time to time for any of several reasons, including, without limitation, the malfunction of equipment, periodic updating, maintenance or repair of the Service or other actions that Moonrise, in its sole discretion, may elect to take. Moonrise cannot always foresee or anticipate technical or other difficulties which may result in failure to obtain data or loss of data, personalization settings or other service interruptions. Moonrise cannot assume responsibility for the timeliness, accuracy, deletion, non-delivery or failure to store any user data, communications or personalization settings.
10. You agree that Moonrise may use your feedback, suggestions, or ideas in any way, including in future modifications of the Service, other products or services, advertising or marketing materials. You grant Moonrise a perpetual, worldwide, fully transferable, sublicensable, irrevocable, fully paid-up, royalty free license to use the feedback you provide to Moonrise in any way.
11. You represent, warrant, and agree that you will not use the Services or interact with the Services in a manner that:
- infringes or violates the intellectual property rights or any other rights of anyone else (including Moonrise);
- violates any law or regulation;
- is harmful, fraudulent, deceptive, threatening, harassing, defamatory, obscene, or otherwise objectionable;
- jeopardizes the security of your Moonrise account or anyone else's (such as allowing someone else to log in to the Services as you);
- attempts, in any manner, to obtain the password, account, or other security information from any other user;
- violates the security of any computer network, or cracks any passwords or security encryption codes;
- runs Maillist, Listserv, any form of auto-responder or “spam" on the Services, or any processes that run or are activated while you are not logged into the Services, or that otherwise interfere with the proper working of the Services (including by placing an unreasonable load on the Services' infrastructure);
- “crawls," “scrapes," or “spiders" any page, data, or portion of or relating to the Services or Content (through use of manual or automated means);
- copies or stores any significant portion of the Content; or
- decompiles, reverse engineers, or otherwise attempts to obtain the source code or underlying ideas or information of or relating to the Services.
12. A violation of any of the foregoing is grounds for termination of your right to use or access the Services.
License and Restrictions
14. You must comply with all applicable laws when using the Service. Except as may be expressly permitted by applicable law or expressly enabled by a feature of the Service, you will not, and will not permit anyone else to:
- store, copy, modify, or distribute any of the content made available on the Service;
- compile or collect any content available on the Service as part of a database or other work;
- use any automated tool (e.g., robots, spiders) or manual process to monitor, store, copy, modify, distribute, or resell any content from the Service;
- frame or otherwise incorporate the Service or any portion of the Service as part of another website or service;
- reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell, or exploit for any commercial purposes any portion of the Service (including the display of third-party advertising);
- circumvent or disable any digital rights management, usage rules, or other security features of the Service, or any content available on the Service;
- use the Service in a manner that threatens the integrity, performance, or availability of the Service;
- remove, alter, or obscure any proprietary notices (including copyright notices) on any portion of the Service or any content available from the Service; or
- include any personal or identifying information about another without that person's explicit consent.
15. You are prohibited from falsely stating or otherwise misrepresenting your affiliation with any person or entity. You are prohibited from using any information obtained via the Service for any purpose other than use of the Service without the express written permission of Moonrise. We reserve the right to delete accounts associated with domains owned or operated by our competitors.
Online and Mobile Alerts
16. Accurate records enable Moonrise to provide the Service to you. In order for the Service to function effectively, you must also keep your mobile phone number and email address provided to Moonrise up to date and accurate (“Contact Information"). If you do not do this, the accuracy and effectiveness of the Service to you will be affected. To update your Contact Information, please contact Moonrise at email@example.com.
17. By providing us with your Contact Information, you agree to receive all required notices electronically, to that e-mail address and/or mobile phone number. Notices will be provided in the text of the e-mail or text message or through a link to the appropriate page on our site, accessible through any standard modern, commercially available internet browser.
18. Information sent to You by Moonrise is not encrypted. Anyone with access to your email or mobile device may be able to view the content of these notices.
19. You understand and agree that any notices provided to You through the Service may be delayed or prevented by a variety of factors. Moonrise does its best to provide alerts in a timely manner with accurate information. However, we neither guarantee the delivery nor the accuracy of the content of any alert. You also agree that Moonrise shall not be liable for any delays, failure to deliver, or misdirected delivery of any alert; for any errors in the content of an alert; or for any actions taken or not taken by you or any third party in reliance on an alert.
20. The contents of the Service, including its “look and feel" (e.g., text, graphics, images, logos and button icons), photographs, editorial content, notices, software (including html-based computer programs) and other material are protected under both United States and other applicable copyright, trademark and other laws. The contents of the Service belong or are licensed to Moonrise or its software or content suppliers. Moonrise grants you the right to view and use the Service subject to these terms. You may download or print a copy of information provided in the Service for your personal or internal use only. Any distribution, reprint or electronic reproduction of any content from the Service in whole or in part for any other purpose is expressly prohibited without our prior written consent.
Disclaimer of Representations and Warranties
21. THE CONTENT AND ALL SERVICES AND PRODUCTS ASSOCIATED WITH THE SERVICE OR PROVIDED THROUGH THE SERVICE (WHETHER OR NOT SPONSORED) ARE PROVIDED TO YOU ON AN “AS-IS" AND “AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. MOONRISE MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE CONTENT OR OPERATION OF THE SERVICE OR OF THE SERVICE. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
22. MOONRISE MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR GUARANTEES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE CONTENT ON THE SERVICE OR OF THE SERVICE (WHETHER OR NOT SPONSORED), AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES OF NON-INFRINGEMENT OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. MOONRISE MAKES NO REPRESENTATION, WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE THAT THE CONTENT THAT MAY BE AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICE IS FREE OF INFECTION FROM ANY VIRUSES OR OTHER CODE OR COMPUTER PROGRAMMING ROUTINES THAT CONTAIN CONTAMINATING OR DESTRUCTIVE PROPERTIES OR THAT ARE INTENDED TO DAMAGE, SURREPTITIOUSLY INTERCEPT OR EXPROPRIATE ANY SYSTEM, DATA OR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
Limitations on Moonrise's Liability
23. MOONRISE SHALL IN NO EVENT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE TO YOU OR TO ANY THIRD PARTY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE, FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, LIQUIDATED OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF PROFIT, REVENUE OR BUSINESS, ARISING IN WHOLE OR IN PART FROM YOUR ACCESS TO THE SERVICE, YOUR USE OF THE SERVICE OR THIS AGREEMENT, EVEN IF MOONRISE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY IN THIS AGREEMENT, MOONRISE'S LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO $500.00 (FIVE HUNDRED UNITED STATES DOLLARS).
Your Indemnification of Moonrise
Supplementation by Employment Agreement
ARBITRATION CLAUSE & CLASS ACTION WAIVER – IMPORTANT – PLEASE REVIEW AS THIS AFFECTS YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
28. Severability. If the prohibition against class actions and other claims brought on behalf of third parties contained above is found to be unenforceable, then all of the preceding language in this Arbitration section will be null and void. This arbitration agreement will survive the termination of your relationship with us.
- YOU ARE GIVING UP YOUR RIGHT TO HAVE A TRIAL BY JURY; and
- YOU ARE GIVING UP YOUR RIGHT TO SERVE AS A REPRESENTATIVE, AS A PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL, OR IN ANY OTHER REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY, OR TO PARTICIPATE AS A MEMBER OF A CLASS OF CLAIMANTS, IN ANY LAWSUIT INVOLVING ANY SUCH DISPUTE.
Moonrise is owned and operated by Moonrise, Inc.